7 ways to use a toothbrush at home
Not long ago, American scientists presented a line of electric toothbrushes produced using 3D printing. Innovative models adapt to an MRI image of a person’s jaw. Probably, someday these technologies will reach us. In the meantime, let’s talk how to use a toothbrush at home with maximum benefit.
As you know, dentists say that ideally, a toothbrush should be changed every 2-3 months, and sometimes more often. But what to do with the used one? Below Editorial “With Taste” will tell you how to use this seemingly unusable item to save money from the family budget and make your life easier in general.
How to use a toothbrush at home: 7 innovative ways
Of course, most people simply throw away their old toothbrush. However, if you are a thrifty housewife or are concerned about the environment, you should not immediately resort to such radical measures. Believe me, old toothbrushes can still be given a second life! In the selection below you will find the most useful tips for using this item.
- For applying hair dye. Using an old toothbrush, you can gently stir the dye and then apply it to your hair. It is also easy to wash combs and hair dryer attachments with a toothbrush.
- You can easily make a hook from a used toothbrush. The brush handle needs to be heated (over a fire or dipped in boiling water) and shaped into the desired shape using pliers. In this case, the bristles must be cut off or pulled out, and in its place drill holes for fastening into the wall. The resulting hook can be used as a hanger for various items – kitchen utensils and towels, washcloths, umbrellas and shoehorns.
- Use a toothbrush to clean jewelry and cutlery. It copes especially well with forks, where dirt and, consequently, germs accumulate between the tines.
- A toothbrush is indispensable when cleaning household appliances: food processors and stoves (burners), meat grinders and attachments for mixers, graters and other devices. Accordingly, with a brush you can easily remove scale and burnt food from the pan, and tea and coffee deposits from cups.
- An old toothbrush is great for cleaning tiles and the grout between tiles. It can easily clean all hard-to-reach places in the bathroom or shower. A baby toothbrush is great for cleaning out the drain hole in the sink. It will easily fit through the grate, removing all the mucus and accumulated deposits.
- It’s no secret that an old toothbrush is convenient for cleaning shoes (especially white ones). It perfectly removes dirt between the sole and the skin, as well as in the seams of shoes. Use laundry soap, powder or whitening toothpaste as a cleaner.
- The used brush is good for washing hands and cleaning nails. It effectively removes all dirt from under the nails, and at the same time provides gentle peeling and massage. In addition, a toothbrush is even suitable for a pedicure. Many people use this item to comb their eyelashes and eyebrows.
And finally: you can use an old toothbrush get garbage out of the most inaccessible places in the house. She can reach literally every corner. From time to time, use a brush to clean household appliances. This could be a computer keyboard, a mobile or home phone handset, a system unit, etc. But in the following material you can find out how to easily and quickly clean the kitchen from old grease.