Delicious sauerkraut: what to cook it with
It flaunts on almost every winter table delicious sauerkraut. This is one of the most popular vegetable appetizers that goes well with all side dishes. That’s why she is so popular. Housewives usually make this preparation in the classic way and add carrots to it. Of course, this combination is the most successful. But what if the soul requires something new?
We advise you to try diversify the taste sauerkraut using original additives. Afterwards, you won’t want to cook this appetizer according to the traditional recipe. We give a 100% guarantee!
How to prepare delicious sauerkraut
When sauerkraut is sauerkraut, housewives most often add carrots to it. This crispy combination is loved by everyone without exception. However, there is also unusual additiveswhich make the taste of sauerkraut much piquant and interesting:
- Beet. This root vegetable gives cabbage its original taste and gives it a rich, bright color.
- Apple. Coarsely chopped fruit with shredded cabbage is a great combination. The juiciness and aroma of apples fit perfectly into the overall picture.
- Cranberry. Such berries make the appearance of the vegetable preparation much more beautiful.
- Chilli. This addition adds spiciness to the dish and also helps keep you warm in winter.
- Radish. This vegetable makes the snack not only tastier, but also much healthier.
- Grape. Thanks to these berries, sauerkraut will begin to have an exquisite sweetness.
- Ginger. With the addition of this ingredient, sauerkraut will have an interesting oriental note.
To ensure that the cabbage turns out crispy and does not darken over time, it is worth remembering not only about interesting additives. Also, we must not forget about the rules of pickling:
- Main Ingredient. For such preparation, it is necessary to choose older varieties of white cabbage, which contain more sugar. This will promote faster fermentation. Cabbage should be dense and have strong leaves.
- Selection of containers. It is recommended to ferment cabbage in barrels or barrels made of wood. You can also use glass jars or containers coated with enamel. They must not be chipped or damaged. Aluminum cookware is not suitable for this task.
Feel free to experiment while cooking and get something out of it maximum pleasure in the form of amazing flavor combinations. In addition, most of the additives proposed by our editors will make sauerkraut not only more appetizing, but also much healthier. What are you used to cooking this popular snack with?