- 1 Do you cook dumplings correctly?
- 2 How to cook dumplings so that they do not boil
- 3 How long to cook freshly molded dumplings
- 4 How many minutes to cook dumplings from the freezer
- 5 How to cook dumplings with broth
- 6 How to cook dumplings in the microwave in 5 minutes
- 7 How to cook delicious dumplings in a pan
- 8 With what?
Do you cook dumplings correctly?
It is believed that dumplings first appeared around the beginning of the 15th century. Since then and until today, they remain a favorite dish of many families and bachelors. The centuries-old dumpling traditions have not changed much, except that there are more ways to prepare and serve them. Whether you make dumplings yourself or prefer store-bought dumplings, let’s figure out how to bring them to perfection.
How to cook dumplings so that they do not boil
The first step is to choose the right pot. Dumplings, like pasta, love volume and a sufficient amount of water when cooking. In the process, it is important to stir them very carefully with a slotted spoon to prevent sticking and tearing.
Sometimes the reason may not be in cooking, but in the dumplings themselves. Insufficiently elastic dough or poorly glued seams will most likely cause the dough to separate from the meat and the dumplings to boil.
Life hack: if you add a little vinegar to the water during cooking, this will help protect the dough from cracking.
Frozen dumplings can be boiled soft from a sharp temperature drop. Since defrosting dumplings is not the best idea, you can find a simple way out – pour some cold water into boiling water, and then put the dumplings. Thus, the temperature will be slightly lowered and the dumplings will not boil.
Another important nuance – time. More often than not, the final result depends on it.
How long to cook freshly molded dumplings
If you’ve just made dumplings and are ready to taste them right away, carefully place them in boiling salted water. To understand how much to cook dumplings after boiling water, evaluate their size. Small dumplings need 3 minutes, medium – about 4.
Separately, I would like to dwell on how much to steam dumplings. On average, about 15 minutes. If you are using a steamer, be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions, you may need to adjust the time.
How many minutes to cook dumplings from the freezer
Frozen dumplings will take a little longer. After they have floated to the surface, boil them for about 5-7 minutes.
How to cook dumplings with broth
To add even more flavor to dumplings, you can use not just water, but broth for cooking. It can be either meat or chicken or vegetable broth. Add spices and herbs to taste for a more intense flavor. Strain the finished broth, bring to a boil again and put the dumplings into the pan. Boil until cooked and serve dumplings with broth to the table.
How to cook dumplings in the microwave in 5 minutes
You can use technology if you want. The only caveat is that you need to cook a small portion at a time so that the dumplings do not stick together.
1. Prepare a microwave-safe container with a lid.
2. Put frozen dumplings, add some salt.
3. Pour in hot water, mix gently and cover with a lid.
4. Set the maximum power and time – 3 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the lid, stir the dumplings and send back to the microwave for another 2 minutes.
You can also use pre-cooked broth for cooking in the microwave.
The second option is to cook dumplings in the microwave without water. Simply place the dumplings on a greased plate and microwave for 2 minutes. Flip over and continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes until fully cooked.
Note: the nutritional value of boiled dumplings ranges from 219 to 300 kcal per 100 grams.
How to cook delicious dumplings in a pan
We figured out how to cook dumplings, now let’s figure out how to fry. To do this, you need a frying pan with a thick bottom and vegetable oil.
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Put the dumplings, stir to evenly coat them with oil, cover the pan with a lid and brown until appetizing.
3. Stir the dumplings and fry on the second side.
4. Pour in about a glass of boiling water, add salt to taste and, if desired, spices. On high heat, simmer the dumplings without a lid until fully cooked for a few more minutes.
Do you have a favorite supplement? All you need to know about dumplings is that they can be combined with a wide variety of sauces. If you are ready to experiment, then we suggest you take a look at the options that are worth trying:
- sour cream;
- ketchup or tomato sauce;
- mustard grains;
- soy sauce;
- black pepper;
- cheese garlic sauce.
On our site you will find a wide variety of recipes for dough and stuffing for dumplings, as well as methods for preparing them. Drop by!