Drinks and dishes made from orange peels: 5 recipes
After peeling oranges, many people immediately take the citrus peel to the trash can. As it turns out, it can be turned into something very tasty and interesting. There are many recipes that allow you to prepare unusual drinks and dishes from orange peels. We will share five of them today.
After reading today’s selection, you will know how to prepare aromatic tincture, the fluffiest pie and natural candied fruits. And these are not all the delicacies with which you can delight your family, armed with citrus peel.
Interesting drinks and dishes made from orange peels
- 40 g orange peels
- 50 ml vodka
- 50 ml water
- Cut the peel from a thoroughly washed orange into thin strips. Pour boiling water over them. Place the peels in a small glass jar.
- Pour in water and quality vodka. Close the jar. Shake its contents thoroughly.
- Leave the future drink in a dark and dry place for 7 days. Then start tasting.
- 200 g orange peels
- 200 g sugar
- 1.5 tbsp. l. lemon juice
- Cut the thoroughly washed orange peel into arbitrary pieces. Place it in a saucepan with a thick bottom. Pour in water.
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil. Boil everything for 15 minutes. Drain the hot liquid. Fill the crusts with fresh water. Boil them in this manner 2 more times.
- Squeeze excess moisture from orange peels. Scroll them through a meat grinder.
- Pour lemon juice into the crushed peels. Add sugar. Boil everything over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring vigorously.
- Pour the hot jam into a sterilized jar. Close tightly. Leave it in the kitchen until it cools completely. Ready!
Pie with orange filling
- 200 g carrots
- 1 orange
- 250 g wheat flour
- 160 g sugar
- 170 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 chip vanillin
- 1 chip salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 100 g orange peels
- In a deep container, combine 150 g of softened butter with 60 g of sugar. Add vanilla and salt. Grind everything until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the juice squeezed from the orange. Pour the resulting mixture into the oil. Mix until smooth using a whisk.
- Peel the carrots. Grate it using a fine-hole grater. Add carrots, wheat flour and baking powder to the egg-butter mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Place the dough in it. Level it out. Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30–35 minutes.
- Prepare citrus filling. Pour 200 ml of water into the pan. Add 100 g of sugar. Cut a well-washed orange from which the juice has been squeezed. Place it and the crushed citrus peels in water.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a boil. Boil everything for 10 minutes. Then remove the orange halves.
- Pour the hot citrus sauce over the pie. Leave it for half an hour to soak. Bon appetit!
Homemade candied fruits
- 300 g orange peel
- 180 g sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice
- Wash the oranges thoroughly. Peel the skins off them. Cut it into longitudinal strips. Place orange peels in a saucepan. Pour in water until it completely covers them.
- Add 1 tsp to the orange peels. salt to remove the bitterness. Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil them for 10 minutes over moderate heat. Drain the liquid.
- Fill the crusts with fresh water. Add another 1 tsp. salt. Repeat the same procedure twice. Rinse the peel under running water. Drain it in a colander. Leave in the kitchen for half an hour.
- Make syrup. Pour 150 ml of water into the saucepan. Add sugar. Bring everything to a boil, stirring vigorously. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the orange peels.
- Bring everything to a boil again. Reduce heat to low. Boil the citrus strips for half an hour. Then pour in lemon juice. Stir gently. Remove the crusts from the heat.
- Drain the completely cooled candied fruits into a strainer. Wait until all the syrup has drained. Place candied fruits on parchment in one layer. Leave them at room temperature for 2 minutes.
- Candied fruits are flexible and at the same time do not stick to your hands? They are ready! Sprinkle them with powdered sugar, shake off the excess and enjoy the taste of natural candied fruits.
Unusual jam “Zavitushki”
- 400 g orange peel
- 300 g sugar
- 1 chip citric acid
- Cut the carefully cut citrus peel into strips approximately 8 cm long and 1 cm wide.
- Roll each strip into a spiral. Place them on a thread using a needle (as if you were making beads).
- Place the resulting preparations in a saucepan. Fill them with water (the liquid should completely cover the crusts). After boiling, cook the peel for 20 minutes. Then drain the liquid.
- Rinse orange peels with cold water. Repeat the same procedure 4 more times.
- Pour 300 ml of water into the saucepan. Add sugar. Boil everything until the sugar is completely dissolved, remembering to stir the syrup. Place orange peels in it.
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil. Add citric acid. Boil for another 30-35 minutes.
- Place bright and unusual jam into sterilized jars. After it has cooled completely, put it in a cool place for further storage.
If you don’t have much time to prepare dishes from orange peels, you can make great seasoning with them. Grind the citrus peel. Dry it. Then mix the crusts with salt. This way you will have a flavorful addition to hot dishes. Tell us in the comments what recipe you would like to start your acquaintance with orange peel dishes with. We are very interested!