How to cook dumplings: tips from Klopotenko
Everything is simple in preparing frozen semi-finished products. But to turn them into gorgeous dish, you need to remember some nuances. The famous chef told us how to cook dumplings correctly.
To prevent them from spreading and sticking together, you need to follow main recommendations. Then the dumplings will turn out incredibly appetizing. Just 10-15 minutes – and an incredibly tasty dish will be on your table.
How to cook dumplings correctly: basic nuances
Rules to remember
- You only need to throw dumplings into boiling water.
- Semi-finished products should lie freely in the pan. Because during cooking they will increase even more.
- To prevent water from running off and flooding the stove, remember to only fill half the pan. For 100 g of dumplings you need approximately 400 ml of liquid.
- When the water boils, the semi-finished products must be mixed. Then they won’t stick to the bottom.
- Cook the dumplings over medium heat. They should boil and not soak in water.
- When cooking frozen semi-finished products, they should not be thawed first.
- Boiled dumplings must be seasoned with butter (butter or sunflower). Otherwise they will stick together.
How long does it take to cook them?
If you cook homemade dumplings with potatoes, it means after surfacing you should keep them on the heat for 5-7 minutes. Dumplings with meat should be cooked for 10 minutes after boiling. And dumplings with cottage cheese need to be cooked for only 2-3 minutes after they float.
When preparing frozen semi-finished products from the store, be careful read the instructions. Cook store-bought dumplings for as long as indicated on the package. During the process, be careful not to overexpose them in water.
If you follow all these subtleties that Evgeniy Klopotenko shared, the dumplings (homemade and store-bought) will not stick together and become overcooked. Previously, our editors shared two excellent recipes for this dish. Prepare semolina dumplings with cherries, as well as dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms. No store-bought convenience products can compare with their amazing taste. What filling do you like dumplings with most: salty or sweet?