How to cook millet porridge: tasty and easy
Some housewives refuse to cook millet, because sometimes after cooking it starts to taste very bitter. In fact, to prevent the occurrence of this bad taste easy enough. Yevgeny Klopotenko, winner of the MasterChef culinary show, told how to cook millet porridge correctly.
Firstly, it is necessary to choose only high-quality cereals, the storage rules of which have not been violated. Secondly, you need to buy millet, the kernels of which are distinguished by a very bright yellow color, and not dull. Thirdly, it is worth listening to the recommendations, thanks to which you and eliminate bitternessand cook a very tasty and crumbly porridge.
How to cook millet porridge correctly: tips from Klopotenko
What to do so that millet is not bitter
The famous chef claims that before you start cooking porridge, you should definitely check expiration date product. If millet is more than a year old, there is a good chance that it will taste bitter.
cunning trick. So that the finished porridge does not taste bitter, pour the millet into a very fine sieve. We wash it under running water. Then pour the cereal with boiling water. We leave it for 20 minutes. Then drain the liquid and start cooking. This life hack will help get rid of the bitter taste of porridge.
How to achieve looseness
Have you noticed that sometimes porridge sticks together in one big lump? You won’t run into this problem again if you follow brewing rules from Evgeny Klopotenko.
- Boil millet in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- First, heat the oil in a container and only then pour in the millet.
- Fill the cereal with water, observing the ratio of 1: 2.
- Cooking millet exclusively on medium heat.
- We cook porridge without covering the pan with a lid.
The recipe for fragrant millet porridge with pumpkin from Klopotenko
- 250 g millet
- 1 stack clean water
- 1 stack milk
- 0.5 kg pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. l. cranberries
- 2 tbsp. l. Sahara
- 40 g butter
- 1 chip. salt
- We peel the pumpkin. We remove the seeds. Cut pumpkin into medium cubes.
- Pour water into the kettle. Bring it to a boil. We wash the millet three times with hot water to rid it of bitterness. You can also pour boiling water over the cereal and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- We wash the millet with cold water until we see that a clear liquid flows down.
- Lubricate the multicooker bowl with 25 g of softened or melted butter. Add diced pumpkin.
- Add washed millet and cranberries. Fill everything with water and milk. Add sugar and salt.
- We select the program “Milk porridge” and cook the dish for 20 minutes. Then we spread the porridge on plates and add a little butter to each. Bon appetit!
If desired, you can add raisins or nuts to millet porridge with pumpkin. They will make it not only tastier, but also more nutritious. Did you know about the secrets of preparing such a dish, with which you can forget about the unpleasant bitterness of this cereal?