How to get rid of back pain: 5 simple exercises
Constant back pain is an inevitable companion for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle or work a lot in the garden. The good news is that you can get rid of it at home. To do this, you don’t need to look for expensive ointments or go to an MRI. By dedicating just 5-10 minutes a day, you can give your body, in particular your spine, everything it needs.
Today Editorial “With Taste” will tell you about 5 effective exercises, thanks to which you can easily get rid of back pain. This complex is intended for the prevention and treatment of spinal pain, including during the period of exacerbation. Stop worrying and start today!
How to get rid of back pain: 5 exercises instead of painkillers
This therapeutic exercise is recommended by many Western chiropractors and osteopaths in German clinics. By performing these simple exercises at least 3 times a week, you can feel significant relief within a month.
To relax the back muscles
- Get on all fours. Place your arms, shins and top of your feet on the mat. Keep your back straight.
- Watch your head and cervical spine. They should also be held straight. Make sure your back is not hunched or arched. Inhale and exhale deeply 5 times, feeling the air pass through all the cervical vertebrae.
- Then exhale one last time and lower your head down. When you pull your navel inward, a hump will form automatically. This is the norm.
- With your next inhalation, return to a straight back position. Repeat this sequence 6 times. You will soon notice that your back has become much more relaxed.
Strengthening the spine
- Lie on your back on a flat, level surface. It is important to avoid a sunken back in this exercise! Bend your knees and slowly lift your butt off the floor so that your butt and thighs form a straight line.
- Your arms should be extended and flat on the mat. They will serve as a support for stabilizing the toulub.
Stay in this position for 3-5 seconds. Next, place your foot on the floor again and lower your pelvis. Return to the starting position.
- Then extend your pelvis up again and then lift your leg. Hold this for a few seconds. You can put your foot back on the mat and lower your pelvis. Repeat this exercise about 5 times on each side.
Against aching back pain
- To begin, lie on your stomach. Place your hands on the floor at the level of your chest.
- Slowly push your hands off the floor, lifting your upper body. To begin with, a few centimeters will be enough. With regular practice, stretching in this area will improve and you will notice how much higher you can lift.
- Stay in this position for 3 seconds. Then lower your chest and neck. Depending on your physical fitness, this exercise can be repeated 5 to 10 times.
Stretch the lateral back muscles
- Lie on the mat with the left side of your body. In this position, the right leg should rest on the left.
- Bend your left arm, placing your forearm on the floor. Bend your right arm and bring it to your hip. Now slowly lift your pelvis off the floor and stay in this position for a couple of seconds. If you can, hold this position for as long as possible.
- Next, lower your hips back down and carefully switch sides. During this exercise, be sure to tense your back and stomach to give your muscles the proper load.
Relaxing your back
- Lie on your back and stretch your arms out to the sides. Now slowly bend your knees, placing your left leg on top of your right.
Lower your legs to the right and keep your upper body as straight as possible.
- Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Feel a gentle stretch along your spine as you inhale and exhale in a relaxed manner.
- Close your eyes and feel the flow of your breath moving through your entire body.
- Now, to even out the tension, do the same on the other side.
With these simple exercises, your back muscles will be greatly strengthened. It’s kind of compensation to your body for hard physical labor or sitting on a chair for a long time. After just 2 weeks of daily training, you will notice how your body gains integrity and a toned appearance. We previously wrote about important things you need to know about 2024.