How to improve the taste of stewed cabbage: 6 tricks
Braised cabbage is a fairly simple dish, but you can still spoil it. If you do not settle the sourness in time, the dinner will be spoiled. How can you always be sure that this vegetable appetizer will turn out to be super successful? It is very easy to do this. The main thing is to know about six productswhich will help improve the taste of stewed cabbage.
Chefs often resort to using additional ingredientsto turn a familiar dish into a culinary masterpiece. Everyone can do it, it is only important to arm yourself with fairly simple, but very necessary products for making incomparable stewed cabbage.
How to improve the taste of stewed cabbage: what to add
For a nice texture
- Butter. If you stew cabbage not in sunflower oil, but in this or in a mixture of them, it will turn out much more tender.
- Egg. Some cooks add this product to make cabbage softer. Beat the egg until smooth and pour it over the almost finished dish. Then mix everything well.
- Sugar. It won’t make the cabbage very sweet, don’t worry about that. Sugar will perfectly harmonize with the sourness of the dish, making its taste harmonious.
For a richer taste
- Apple. To make the taste of the dish more interesting, you can finely chop this fruit or grate it. Add an apple at the end of the cabbage stew. Mix everything and turn off the fire. Leave the dish under the lid to enjoy deliciousness in 10-15 minutes.
- Lemon juice. This addition will make the appetizer brighter and more interesting. Pour a third of a tablespoon of citrus juice into the cabbage 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Then mix everything thoroughly.
- Nutmeg. This spice, added at the end of the cabbage stew, will give the dish a very piquant note.
The perfect recipe for stewed cabbage with additives
- 1.2 kg white cabbage
- 1 egg
- 450 g onion
- 350 g carrots
- 1.5 st. l. sunflower oil
- 1.5 st. l. butter
- 3 art. l. tomato paste
- 1 st. l. salt
- 1.5 st. l. Sahara
- ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the cabbage well. Shred it with a sharp knife. We clean the onions. We cut it into half rings. We clean the carrots. We rub it on a coarse grater.
- Heat sunflower oil and butter in a frying pan. Fry the onion until soft over medium heat. Add carrots to it and mix. Cook the vegetables for another 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the total amount of cabbage into the pan. Add salt and black pepper. Mix everything thoroughly. Cook the vegetables for 3 minutes, stirring them vigorously.
- Add the second half of the cabbage. Mix everything again. Cover the pan with a lid. Stew vegetables for 10 minutes, setting the minimum heat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a fork. We fill them with cabbage. We mix everything well. Make a small indentation in the center of the vegetable mass. Put in the tomato paste. Fry it for 1 minute.
- Thoroughly mix the contents of the pan. We add sugar. Mix everything again. Simmer the cabbage over low heat for another 10 minutes. Ready!
Don’t forget about the extra ingredients that chefs use when preparing stewed cabbage. And then this dish in your performance will be simply incredible. What recipe do you use stew cabbage? Share it in the comments.