How to make apple marshmallow: three recipes
The list of sweet dishes that can be prepared from apples does not consist of only pies, muffins and jam. Wise housewives use this fruit as a basis for natural sweetness, which children simply adore. Read today how to make apple marshmallow at home.
To make this dessert with your own hands, you don’t need a special dryer. You just need to stock up on time, as well as dense green apples with a pronounced sourness. These fruits contain large amount of pectinwhich will help the marshmallow to set and harden.
How to make apple marshmallow with your own hands: 3 ways
- 1 kg apples
- 300 g sugar
- 1 egg white
- Wash the apples thoroughly. Cut them into 4 parts. Remove the branches. Place the apples on a baking sheet lined with foil, cut side down. Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Place the slightly cooled apples in a deep bowl. Grind them using an immersion blender to a smooth puree.
- Place a colander on a bowl. Cover it with gauze. We put the fruit mass into this structure. We wrap the ends of the gauze. Place the applesauce in the refrigerator overnight to drain all excess moisture.
- Grind the fruit mixture through a fine sieve, removing all veins and seeds. Beat it with a mixer until a fluffy and light mass that holds its shape well.
- Add the egg white to the apple mixture, continuing to beat. Bring the fruit mass until it turns white and increases in volume (approximately 2 times).
- Gradually add sugar, vigorously beating the apple mixture until stiff peaks form. Set aside 4 tbsp. l. the resulting mass into a small container. Cover it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator.
- Place the rest of the apple mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment. We level it, evenly distributing it over the entire surface. You should get a layer 1 cm high.
- Place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 70–80 degrees for 4–5 hours. Leave the door ajar. When the mixture becomes dry and does not stick to your hands, remove it from the oven. Remove the parchment.
- Divide the apple layer into 3 equal parts. Lay out the first layer. Lubricate it with the reserved fruit mixture. Then lay out the second layer. We also coat it with whipped applesauce. Place the third layer, pressing it lightly.
- Place the pastille on a baking sheet. Place it in an oven preheated to 70–80 degrees for 2–3 hours.
- Then divide the pastille into 2 parts. We lay them on top of each other. Press lightly. Let the dessert stand for 10 hours at room temperature. Ready!
Pastila with honey
- 5 large apples
- 3 tbsp. l. honey
- 0.5 stack. water
- Wash the apples thoroughly under running water. Remove the cores. Place them in a baking dish. Pour clean water into it. Place the apples in an oven preheated to 160 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Place the baked fruit in a bowl. Add liquid honey to them. Blend everything with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment. Spread the applesauce on it in a very thin ball. Let’s level it. Place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 45 degrees for 10 hours.
- Cut the pastille into 4 parts. We roll it into tubes. A delicious treat is ready!
- 1 kg apples
- 640 g sugar
- ground cinnamon to taste
- 15 g egg white
- 100 g water
- 8 g agar-agar
- We wash the apples under running water. Let’s dry them. Cut the fruits in half. Place them cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment, spaced apart.
- Place the apples in an oven preheated to 150 degrees for an hour and a half. Press them through a fine sieve to obtain a smooth puree.
- Add 400 g of sugar to the warm fruit mixture. Mix everything well. Add ground cinnamon. Mix again. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- Add cold egg white to the completely cooled apple puree. Beat everything until you get a fluffy thick mass.
- Cook the syrup. Pour water into a thick-bottomed saucepan. Add the remaining sugar and agar-agar. Cook everything over low heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula.
- As soon as the syrup boils, remove it from the heat. Pour the sugar mixture into the apple mixture in a thin stream, whisking vigorously until smooth.
- Cover the mold or baking sheet with cling film. Pour the apple mixture into a layer no thicker than 2–2.5 cm. Lightly knock the mold on the table to evenly distribute the future marshmallow.
- We leave it in the kitchen to stabilize for 6–8 hours. Then remove the pastille from the mold. Sprinkle it generously with powdered sugar using a fine strainer.
- Carefully cut the marshmallow into cubes with a sharp knife. Roll them in powdered sugar on all sides. Place the pastille on the grill. Leave it for another 12 hours at room temperature.
By choosing any of these recipes, you will be able to make natural and tasty pastille, which you can enjoy all winter long. What sweet apple dishes do you cook most often? Share the names of your favorite fruit desserts in the comments.